Home tooth whitening systems allow you to whiten your teeth from the comfort of your own home.
When you choose tray basedyou'll need an initial consultation with your dentist, they will be able to tell you if you are suitable for home tooth whitening treatments. If so, your dentist will then take impressions of your teeth which are then used to produce upper/lower trays made of a soft vinyl rubber.
The trays are tailored to fit the exact contours of your teeth and are specially moulded to fit into your mouth like a gum shield. This allows the home teeth whitening gel to closely contact your enamel to produce an all over, consistent, whiter smile.
The next step in your home tooth whitening process is a 20 minute consultation at Advance Dental and Implant centre where your dentist will provide you with your first treatment and will inform you how to use the trays at home. You will be provided with 12 syringes of whitening gel for home use, as well as your custom made trays, and we will be able to answer any questions you have about your tooth whitening system. You will be advised on the best period of time to wear the trays to achieve the desired results.
Teeth Whitening After Care Instructions
- Avoid highly coloured food and drink for the first three hours after removing the trays.
- Avoid carbonated and acidic drinks throughout the whitening period, these may make your teeth more sensitive.
- Some sensitivity is to be expected but will settle down after a short period of time.
- It is advisable to use sensodyne toothpaste in your trays if you suffer sensitivity.
- The process may take three weeks or even longer for very dark areas.
- Make sure the whitening gel is kept refrigerated.
- The tray may need some adjustment if you suffer from specific areas of gum irritation.
- To maintain the whiteness we recommend you whiten your teeth for one night every alternate month.
I’m absolutely delighted with the service and care I received. I’ll definitely be recommending you to my family and friends